There are 20 places in 2019 for Nepali runners who are resident in Nepal.
Cost to enter the Original Everest Marathon is R 5,000
Men & Women
1st £300 - R43,500
2nd £250 - R36,225
3rd £200 – R28,900
1st V40 £150 – 21,730
Prizes for other categories will be in the form of running clothes from our sponsors
- Each entry is subsidised by 50%
- The places will be given to the runners who register first.
- Everyone must attend the Registration & Briefing in Namche Bazaar on Monday 25th November.
You can register in two ways:
- In person at 11am Namche Bazaar on Monday 25 November
- To make sure you secure your place, you can email email@example.com.
We cannot take your payment online, so you must still come to Namche Bazaar at 11am to pay and to sign the registration form.
Your registration fee gives you:
- Bivi bag
- Warm hat
- OEM medal
- OEM top
- Medical care *
*When you sign up with the OEM as a runner, you are automatically entitled to receive medical care from our medical team until after the race.
- Everyone entering the OEM needs to attend the Medical check and Kit Check before the race
- The Medical and Kit check is held at Lobuche, on 1st December at 09.00hrs. You must be there the night before, on the night of 30th November
- The Race Briefing and Practice Start is at Gorak Shep. You must attend this at 16.00hrs
- Nepali’s who are not resident in Nepal must be part of the international group trek, registering and paying through the website
The following clothing and equipment must be worn or carried throughout the race:
- Long sleeved thermal top – merino with a zip neck is ideal
- Full length tights – a thicker winter version will be more use than thin summer lycra
- Additional warm top – fleece or a light down or synthetic jacket or pullover
- Rain and windproof jacket with a hood
- Rain and windproof over trousers
- Gloves or mittens – winter warmth
- Hat or balaclava – winter weight (supplied)
- Whistle on a neck cord (supplied)
- Bivvy bag (supplied)
- Head torch with new batteries
- Emergency food - chocolate, energy bar or dried fruit
- Map of the route
- Running sack 20 litres
- 2 race numbers – one worn on your front, the other on your pack
- Lycra or short shorts
- Running vest
- Lightweight running gloves